There are many easy ways you can help McKinley, including volunteering your time, donating money or items, and shopping through several of our affiliate programs.
Volunteer Your Time
At McKinley “all our children are all OUR children” means there are many ways to help out. You can volunteer your time at school events, in the classroom, or in many other ways. Please consider helping out for 2 or 3 hours this year–one event in the fall, and one in the spring. Ask your teacher, your room parent, anyone on the PTA or email email@example.com.
If you’d like to contribute financially to McKinley, we welcome any amount! Cash or check (payable to “McKinley PTA”) can be dropped off in the office or mailed to McKinley Elementary PTA, 1025 14th Street, San Francisco, CA 94114.
We also accept donations online via Paypal; just click on the “Make a Donation” button, above. Your donation is tax-deductible (Employer I.D. 13-4317995, Federal tax-exempt GEN-0646, under the umbrella of our parent organization, CAPTA).
Other Ways to Contribute
1. Shop through the Amazon.com McKinley Link.
2. Register your debit and credit cards through the eScrip program to receive money back for McKinley for shopping you already do! Go to eScrip’s registration page and use McKinley’s ID 6663335.
Once you’ve registered your cards, shop at the eScrip Online Mall where hundreds of participating merchants donate anywhere a percentage of your purchase back to our school.
Here’s an example of the participating merchants:
- Gap Inc. (Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, Piperlime) 3.6%
- Nordstroms 6%
- Crate & Barrel 3.6%
- Sephora 4.2%
- Macy’s 2.4%
- 1-800-Flowers 10.2%
- And many more…
3. Register your Target RedCard in their “Take Charge of Education” program and they will donate 1% of all your RedCard purchases to the school of your choice. Visit Target Take Care of Education
4. Tired of misplaced jackets, lunchboxes, etc.? We are one step closer to eliminating our Lost and Found area! Mabel’s Labels has all of your labeling supplies and can even personalise them. Dishwasher, microwave, laundry safe and kid-tested! Visit Mabel’s Labels and we recieve up to 20% of the purchase.
5.Getting ready to make your holiday cards? TinyPrints and Shutterfly each will donate 13% of your order to McK when you shop using http://mckinleysf.shutterflystorefront.com/ (And they’re running tons of promotions right now). Get it done!
6. Community Thrift Donate clothing and household items at 623 Valencia Street (415) 861-4910 between 10:00am to 5:00pm in Sycamore Alley (parallel to 17th St) enter on Mission Street, designate McKinley, #129, as the beneficiary. We get a percentage of sales!
7. Sports Basement. Both of the Sports Basement locations (Crissy Field and near the Potrero Center) will give YOU a 10% discount and ALSO donate 5% of your purchase directly to McKinley. Just be sure to mention “McKinley Elementary” when you are checking out.
8. Chloe’s Closet Donate children’s toys or clothes at Chloe’s locations in Bernal or the Inner Sunset. When you drop off, just let them know that you are donating using the McKinley account and we will receive a percentage. Anything they can’t sell, they donate to organizations focused on serving low-income or homeless families.
9. Box Tops Clip and return Box Tops Coupons and place in the Box Tops Box on the wall outside Room 15.